I usually prefer spices on their own, as opposed to buying blends. However, I really like a nice kitchari spice blend. These spices are specifically formulated to be incredibly medicinal and help with digestion. The ancient science of life & vitality, ayurveda, says that digestion, or “agni,” literally translated to “fire,” is of prime importance in creating health and balance for the body.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Organic black bean noodles, or other noodle
Organic coconut milk
Organic coconut oil
Fresh veggies ( I used yellow squash and a few dices of tomato)
Fresh basil or other herb of choice
kitchari spice blend (I used the blend made by Banyan)
1. Boil water and cook the noodles according to directions.
2. While the noodles are cooking, cut up your veggies and put 1 tbs of coconut oil to heat on med/high heat on the stove.
3. Quickly stir fry your veggies, adding a 1/2 tsp of kitchari spice blend to fry in the oil with the veggies.
4. Add the cooked black bean noodles to the pan and 1 or 2 tbs of coconut milk. Cook together for another 2 minutes so the flavors meld. Try not to overcook your veggies!
5. Chop some fresh herbs, I chose basil, and mix them in. Salt and
Sign up for fun on my newsletter Here!